Just internal changes. Update to VS2022 and some updates for new libs.
The “3D” mode have to wait because of personal and functional issues. iDevices simple are too limited – not in power – just by rules and regulations, so there is a lot of rewrite stuff to fit in apples ideas.
No, no news on the 3D update. I ran into so many problems with the server communication being to slow, i decided to analyse and test things a bit more.
So ,this is the next update:
- messages received during login will be send after fully login
- group invites show the full invitation text
- messages from scripted objects are now processed
- map shows the right z position of own avatar (SL bug with heights above 1020)
- MAP rounds distance value to integer, easier to read
- MAP fixed problems with names and sort by distance
- AROUNDME – fixed problem when only <10 objects around
It´s already March i know and news come sparse.
Two years, and ongoing, lockdowns brought my little shop close to bankrupt, my wonderful 27 year old car broke apart – getting a new car with no money is fun (not!) – and finally my MacBook 2015, the ones with the “exploding battery” – kicked the bottom of because the battery inflated to a crazy/dangerous extend.
Geez – that´s a long sentence.
Anyway, i´m still working on the background code to make it more stable and faster. That takes hours of time writing a line testing it under all circumstances and so on ….
Will there be something new, something users can see ?
7 Years ago i started with this app because i wanted a real mobile viewer. No one tried it and most everyone said – It´s impossible on an iPhone.
Well, it´s possible and – not sure when – there will be a limited 3D view available. Because apple dropped support for OpenGL there is no reference and the whole 3D code has to be written from 0 in apples metal engine. Most things are not even documented on the apple help pages or have examples.
For more than one reason it won´t be a full 3D viewer. One reason is that even the very very limited style i´m working on makes my iPhone ready to cook eggs and the battery % drops rapidly. But it works so far.
Stay tuned and as always i´m working on old bugs and ideas from users – sooo – it´s done when it´s done 🙂
This update should address some issues with login/logout functions.
This comes with a hotfix to solve the logins problems
Will monitor if this breaks other feature but looks promising for now (next version coming soon with improved handling of the updates login protocol)
- fixed: problem after viewing profile, Tabs are mixed up related to iOS15
- fixed: small problem with a crash at forced logouts
- setting a viewer ID to clearly authenticate to the servers
- fixed: group messages display on startup
- fixed: ignore “ghost”-IM with no text
- fixed: show “ACTIVE” in group when this group is selected
- fixed: not loading actual “Message of the day”
- update: iOS 15 compatibililty
- new: new screen size for new device
- new: handling sim-wide messages as popups
- new: on logout clearing database from ghost IMs
overall improvements for speed and stability
Making the app iOS 15 compatible is not as easy as it seems because the rendering of menu-bars, tables and such are now completely different. Working on it !
Because of all the changes/updates and problems with iOS15 and the new devices (mainly screen size changes on aspect ratio …) the next update will be delayed until Apple and Microsoft have ironed out the problems.
Right now under iOS 15 tables will be shown “weird” and the icon bar on the bottom screen turns into funny colors on some devices.
Fixes for this and other problems are announced around October, 8 and after testing, the update will be released ASAP.
- fixed: UI problems on “Add account” page
- added: accessibility descriptions (used by voice-over …)
- fixed: did not show all group-notices on login
It´s been a long time but life was/is busy (nasty) and testing new features takes many hours.
The next update is already in the works and hopefully is ready soon.
Apples auto-layout has got me again.
Some buttons on account-creation are not visible because they where moved out of the view.
This will be fixed with the next update (and ruined again shortly after with apple updating XCode…)
Next update is about overall fixes and add-on for accessibility featues like voice-over.
Thanks to a user, it looks iOS auto-layout has a problem and in Landscape mode (only available on iPads) some of the elements are not visible.
I will work on removing auto-layout and replace it with the manual positioning of elements. This will take a moment because it has to be tested on the x available screen-sizes (for lots of devices i do not own).